The American Academy of Psychodynamic Psychiatry and Psychoanalysis (AAPDPP) is an organization of psychiatrists dedicated to using, teaching, and advancing psychodynamic and psychoanalytic principles and skills in the practice of modern psychiatry wherever clinical work takes place.
We are an affiliate organization of the American Psychiatric Association (APA) and welcome interested colleagues to join us at our Annual Meetings and share our publications.
The aims of The American Academy of Psychodynamic Psychiatry and Psychoanalysis are:
- To provide a forum for discussion of psychodynamic work in the consulting room as well as ideas and research in psychodynamic psychiatry and psychoanalysis;
- To encourage research and scholarship in psychodynamic psychiatry and psychoanalysis;
- To support education in psychodynamic principles and skills for trainees in psychiatry and psychoanalysis as well as for graduate psychiatrists and for other mental health clinicians;
- To support inquiry into the phenomena of individual motivation and social behavior, basic building blocks of psychodynamic thinking;
- To foster communication among psychiatrists, psychoanalysts, and colleagues in the sciences and the humanities.
What is Psychodynamic Psychiatry?
The Academy welcomes physician psychoanalysts, licensed psychiatrists, residents and medical students who are interested in psychodynamic psychiatry.
Interested in joining the Academy? View the Membership section for details and to obtain an application.
66th Annual AAPDPP Meeting
May 18-20, 2023
InterContinental Hotel – San Francisco, California
Race, Gender, and Climate Have Entered the Chat
Series III: Race, Gender and Climate Have Entered the Chat!
Sign up now for the June 16, 2022 – April 20, 2023 presentations!
Zoom links are sent a day or so prior to each event.
Thursday, April 20, 2023
8:00 – 9:30 PM
Current Development of Concepts of Transference and Countertransference
Harold Blum, MD
* * *
Presentations are FREE OF CHARGE to AAPDPP members, residents and medical students. Non-Member registration fee is $25 per presentation (contact the Academy Executive Office to receive a discount if registering for the entire series).
* * *
Watch for Series IV